Anime Expo 2016

July 04, 2016


If you had asked me a year and a half ago if I liked anime, my answer would've been that I was indifferent about it. Growing up I watched Sailor Moon, Dragonball Z, Knights of the Zodiac, Pokemon and Yugioh but never continued after I grew up. Maybe it was because I was doing other things or watching other shows or simply there was no one to guide me to the realm of anime. Luckily, my best friend Alfonso is one of the biggest anime nerds I know and I finally caved in. You know that feeling of trying new things but you're unsure if you'll like it or not? That's how I felt. The first anime he introduced me to was Death Note. After that, I've never looked back and I've tried to emerge myself with as much anime as I can whenever I find the time. This year, along with his cousin/my friend Aaron, we went to ANIME EXPO. It felt extremely weird to go to a con and not work it because I feel like that's all I've been doing for the past few years. We did two scavenger hunts, a Sailor Moon and a Your Lie In April (anime I haven't seen yet). We went to one panel which was the "Welcoming Celebration" (or something along those lines. They didn't start on time and they were definitely disorganized which I was bummed about. Because it ran late, we missed the other panel we wanted to go to on the anime "Erased". *cries anime tears* It was an interesting first experience but I definitely had fun.

Side note, the gender-bend Ryuk cosplay from Death Note was definitely my fave. Then it was Cloud from Final Fantasy and then the Yandere Simulator School Girl. View bigger photos here.




















When bae tries to test your patience but you know you're a crazy mf so you pray to the sailor scouts to give you strength 





When you want to rule the Galactic Empire but you're also drunk af




















I swooned over this handsome man. He was singing in Japanese.  ♥‿♥















0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram Feed

View this post on Instagram

Hey, here's another selfie.

A post shared by Ana (@anabphoto) on