L.A. Museum Adventures

August 16, 2016


My best friend Alfonso's birthday was last Thursday and besides the surprise bonfire that I threw him, I decided to step it up a notch and head out to Los Angeles with the adventure squad (Haylie and Troy) and not tell Alfonso what we were doing. Our first destination was The Broad. We had bought tickets to the Cindy Sherman Exhibition because she was among one of the bad-ass photographers we learned back in our college days. The true selfie queen had almost her entire body of work there along with some work she did this year. It was so inspiring since I've been in a creative selfie rut lately, haha. After that, we signed up to go to the Infinity Room and while we waited hours to be called, we went to eat at Umami burger. Right after, we were on our way to our second destination, the Guillermo del Toro: At Home With Monsters exhibition at LACMA. The whole time, we never told Alfonso what we were gonna do and when we arrived at LACMA he got so excited, turned to me and said, "OMG WE'RE GOING TO DEL TORO?!" And me, with my amazing acting "skills" (one IMDB credit, no big deal haha) I told him no and that I had forgotten that was a thing. Obviously I wouldn't forget an exhibition like that since del Toro is one of our favorite directors of all time. I told Troy to distract him while I picked up the tickets at will call and then we walked over. Once we got to the huge sign that said it was the exhibition, Alfonso became a wide eyed kawaii school girl. I totally joined him right after. The exhibition is what dreams are made of if you're into the "weirdest" of things. Totally normal for us though since we grew up with horror movies and cool parents that embraced our love for weird. I was amazed at the amount of stuff there. From the tiniest of things to the massive statues of some iconic characters from rad movies. The place was a total labyrinth (no pun intended) and that made the experience even more amazing. You would see something new that you had missed the first time. After fan-girling hard on everything, we all shed tears of joy and ended our amazing experience there. We briefly went to the Reigning Men exhibition and headed back to The Broad for our Infinity room appt. Unfortunately Alfonso and I goofed and didn't make it back on time since we went to check out the rest of the museum but Haylie and Troy made it in and enjoyed it. I'll definitely be back for it though. After our museum adventures, we went to a bar, met up with Haylie's family and then drove back to San Diego. It was most definitely a successful trip and Alfonso had a great time. I'll definitely be back to see del Toros collection again because why not? It's there until November 27th and it's only $25 and worth every single penny. I know it'll be traveling around the world so follow Guillermo del Toro for possible updates!







































































Me when I don't want to get up in the morning


























When Voldemort walks into the club


^These remind me of Shaka from Saint Seiya: Knights of the Zodiac, anyone else?

























0 comments

Popular Posts

Instagram Feed

View this post on Instagram

Hey, here's another selfie.

A post shared by Ana (@anabphoto) on